The Intensive is an in-person program held in Seattle designed to propel impact fund managers to the next level in their fund development.
Prior to engaging with teams over the course of the Intensive as well as throughout the Intensive itself, Capria and each fund manager go through an assessment in areas that are critical to building a successful investment firm.
The Intensive content and structure was developed by fund managers for fund managers with very specific goals. We emphasize learning by doing and share global best practices that can be immediately applied.
Each component of the multi-week engagement is tied to a specific learning objective and readiness area. Most sessions that take place over the course of the Intensive are broken down into modules that are an hour or less in length consisting of four components, which include:
- Preparatory work completed in advance of the sessions
- Brief presentations to introduce the session
- Facilitated activities and discussions as a Cohort and with other experts
- Follow up work and structured assignments
The majority of time the Cohort is engaged as a group will be dedicated to the facilitated activities and discussions as opposed to presentations.
Schedule and Activities
The Intensive length is determined by where Cohort members are in the fund development process. Roughly half of each day is spent in sessions with the Capria team, mentors or guest speakers. The other half of the day allows teams to apply what they have learned and execute on the most important elements of launching their fund.
Primary activities for teams in addition to the interactive modules include:
- Working one on one with the Capria team
- Engaging with a world class network of mentors and advisors
- Getting hands-on experience using Capria’s tools, training & feedback process
- Setting up systems, processes and developing documents necessary to optimize fund management
- Participating in cohort dinners and group activities with the Capria team and external parties
- Pitching their fund to potential investors at the “Fund Managers Forum”
Although no day typically looks the same, an example has been provided below:
Capria Fund Managers Forum
Capria’s “Fund Managers Forum” is the culmination of the Intensive.
Fund managers have the opportunity to present their investment opportunity to a wide array of curated stakeholders and investors from across the Capria network through twenty minute pitches followed by ten minutes of questions from the audience. The Forum is an invite only event with both an in person and virtual audience.