About The Role
Capria is seeking a highly analytical and adaptable team player with a systems-oriented mindset to spearhead data analysis and reporting within the firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing Capria’s investment/portfolio data and systems, as well as generating impact and financial reports for Limited Partners (LPs) and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess around 2-4 years of relevant experience in data analysis and reporting, along with a foundational understanding of venture capital and/or private equity in emerging markets. Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup
environment is essential. The candidate will collaborate closely with the Latin America team, as well as other teams focused on Africa and India. We are seeking a standout individual who will rapidly progress and assume increasing responsibility, both in the scope and depth of their leadership.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be passionate about data and finding creative ways to unlock value through analysis and visualizations. They will thrive in the abstract, and be motivated to ensure complete and accurate data as a matter of pride and principle. They will be excited to and take satisfaction in developing processes that improve the efficiency of the teams they work with that will contribute to the overall success of Capria.
Data Management & Analysis – Develop and maintain data processes and systems
- Maintain, and update templates of reporting processes and systems.
- Project manage updates of reporting templates by gathering input from various stakeholders and contributors.
- Support the transition of our data systems to Quantium, our new portfolio management software.
- Improve and maintain data architecture of data collection, analysis, and reporting in Quantium.
Reporting – Work closely with the investment and finance teams to generate quarterly and half-yearly reports for LPs
- Project manage and drive timely completion of quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinate across global teams to gather and present updated information.
- Participate in investment team meetings to keep abreast of latest developments in our protfolio, and strategize with leadership on what to present in reports.
Portfolio Management – Generate analysis and reports for investment, fundraising and marketing teams to create value for the portfolio
- Generate portfolio analysis used to drive internal discussions among the investment team to deliver 1:1 portfolio support and management.
- Disseminate and lead data presentation for fundraising and marketing teams, with analysis based on requirements from the respective audience.
- Support data analysis work within transactions and current portfolio investments, as well as assist with ongoing strategy.
- Support investment teams with transactions through direct involvement in fund and direct investments.
Data Auditing – Ensure the highest quality of data is reported promptly
- Conduct deep quality assurance of our quarterly reporting data across our portfolio funds and companies with the investment team.
- Interface with and support fund managers as needed to collect quality data, on time.
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Data Analytics or related fields.
- 2-4 years of data analysis and reporting experience, including high proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets), preferably in venture capital.
- Technical skills in big data and visualizations (Python, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- High attention to detail, highly organized, and highly motivated.
- Excellent at managing multiple projects across global teams, with comfort working across timezones and different cultures (this role requires early morning or late evenings 3-5x a week given the global nature of our team).
- Demonstrated aptitude as a fast learner of new skills and knowledge and a strong aptitude for using state-of-the-art technology for info-sharing & communications.
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent. We’re not a large firm – just like us, we’re looking for someone who knows how to get a lot done with limited resources and is looking to be challenged and interested in growing.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thrives on managing hard challenges in ambiguous settings.