Capria provides smart, flexible capital to fund managers in emerging and frontier markets.
Capital is invested based on the unique needs of each fund manager including:
- Seed Capital into the Management Company (GP): By investing in your management company, Capria can provide you with capital to forward invest in building out or growing your team and operations.
- Portfolio Warehousing: Capria enables you to start building your portfolio on our balance sheet by providing you with capital to get deals done prior to your fund’s first close. After your fund is formed, the assets are transferred to your newly created fund. This allows you to put your investment thesis into action and enhances the attractiveness of your pitch to investors.
- Fund Investment: Based on your progress, Capria will consider making a significant investment in your new fund.
- Co-Investment: Capria will look to strategically invest capital in your best portfolio companies.
Key criteria considered for investment:
- Strong, experienced investment team based in country with extensive local networks
- Targeting initial investment ticket sizes of $500k to $5m as risk capital — typically venture equity, revenue based financing, or mezzanine debt
- Significant proprietary deal pipeline of companies run by high quality entrepreneurs
- Access to both domestic and international LPs
- Commitment to deliver superior returns along with scaled impact and global-class ESG
- For more information, please see our Selection Criteria