Scaling up our Global Venture Capital Platform
Capria Ventures is a venture capital firm investing in early-growth tech startups in the Global South – India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa. Our goal over the next 5 years is to grow 10x to $1 billion AUM, investing in fast-growth soonicorns that are on route to becoming unicorns in hot sectors including fintech, edtech, jobtech, mobility/logistics, healthtech and agtech/food. We are a global team focused on generating strong financial returns while delivering scaled impact.
Capria is seeking a highly entrepreneurial, and self-directed investment professional to support our investment and overall operational activity throughout Latin America and globally. The fellowship program is focused on providing candidates with key Venture Capital experience and the skills valued by the market.
The Global Investment Fellow – Latin America is an opportunity to contribute to
- Deal analysis, execution and closing deals as we scale up our investment programs.
- Investment operations, investor updates and other data requests from the team
- Portfolio value-add and portfolio performance reviews
- Other projects on a global basis.
An ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment, working closely with the LatAm team as well as other teams focused on SE Asia, India and Africa.
Experience and Capabilities
- Experience working throughout Latin America with strong, relevant business relationships established with companies and investors.
- Direct early-stage to early-growth investing experience in Series A and/or Series B equity rounds or VC funds is not required but it is a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial skills, financial modelling for funds and companies. You must be comfortable with organizing and synthesizing data.
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent. We’re not a large firm – just like us, we’re looking for someone who knows how to get a lot done with limited resources and is looking to be challenged and interested in growing.
We’re seeking a native Spanish speaker, with total fluency in English. Portuguese knowledge is a plus.
Education and Work Experience
The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree.