Role & Opportunity
This Investment Fellowship is a unique opportunity to gain insider experience and skill-building with a leading specialist VC firm investing in next-generation tech companies in SE Asia and across the Global South. Many past fellows describe this as a highly condensed “MBA on venture capital”. Successful candidates are highly entrepreneurial and self-directed professionals who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment.
You will work closely with the our SE Asia investment team as well as other investment, IR, value-add, operations team members focused on India, Africa and Latin America.
The Investment Fellowship is an opportunity to contribute to:
- Pipeline development support to find promising tech companies across entrepreneurial hotspots in the Global South
- Deal analysis, diligence and closure as we scale up our investment programs
- Investment operations, data collection, analysis, fundraising support and more
- Portfolio value-add and portfolio performance reviews support
- Other strategic global projects
Experience and Capabilities
- Experience working in a SE Asian country in venture capital, finance or an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills. You must be comfortable with organizing and synthesizing data.
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent. We’re not a large firm – just like us, we’re looking for someone who knows how to get a lot done with limited resources and is looking to be challenged and interested in growing.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly motivated self-starter who creates opportunity and operates well with limited oversight
- Passion for learning and excitement for working with a variety of people and
Total fluency in English
Education and Work Experience
The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.