Scaling up our Global Venture Capital Platform
Capria Ventures is a global venture capital firm investing in early-stage and early-growth tech startups in the emerging global south — India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa. Our goal over the next 5 years is to grow 10x to $1 billion AUM, investing in fast-growth soonicorns that are on route to becoming unicorns in hot sectors including fintech, edtech, jobtech, mobility/logistics, healthtech, and agtech/food.
We’re currently managing 3 venture funds — 2 early-stage funds in India, and 1 investing in early-growth tech startups across the global south in partnership with 15 top local VC fund managers. Our fund investors include Vulcan Capital, IFC (World Bank), Ford Foundation, major family offices, and other institutional investors. We will soon be raising our 2nd global south fund and our 3rd India fund with strong support from our current investors.
Capria is seeking an outstanding entrepreneurial and self-directed executive to lead finance and operations as we scale up our investment programs for the massive deal pipeline we’ve developed. An ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to develop and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of a diverse and experienced global team generating strong financial returns while delivering significant scaled social impact. They will also be excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment, learning and mastering new things every day while working closely with the firm’s experienced executives who’ve been building and investing in tech companies for decades. This role is expected to grow into a Chief Financial Officer role in the next few years. We’re looking for a star who will advance quickly and grow into increased responsibility in both breadth and depth of leadership.
Required Experience, Skills, and Capabilities
The most vital areas of experience for a successful candidate include:
- Finance and operations leadership in a venture capital (or similar) firm.
- Successful track record in a fast-growing, fast-paced organization with constrained resources and a distributed professional workforce.
- People management skills with members working remotely, spanning a wide range of time zones.
- Familiarity with international business and a hunger to learn more.
Key personal skills and abilities include:
- Master of managing many and varied processes and project responsibilities, keeping them all moving forward and not dropping balls, all while delivering high-quality results on time.
- Demonstrated aptitude as a fast learner of new skills and knowledge and a strong aptitude for using state-of-the-art SaaS apps for information sharing & communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively synthesize complex information, exercising advanced critical thinking to deliver recommendations and solutions.
- Expert in complex financial spreadsheet design, modeling, and management.
The Hands-On, Leadership Role
- Investment Operations Management
- Oversee our investing systems and processes to ensure we efficiently get well-structured transactions done on time and with institutional quality
- Oversee portfolio management systems for monitoring, tracking, portfolio construction modeling, internal reporting, and analysis, etc.
- Fund Administration Oversight
- Oversee fund administration team (based in India) that manages fund and general partner bookkeeping, reporting, capital calls & distributions, compliance, fund disbursements, etc.
- Oversee funds planning including reserves, forecasts, and cash management
- Oversee quarterly and annual LP reporting process, content, and delivery
- Investor Relations Administration
- Oversee LP pipeline development & management, LP commitment closings, and investor relations systems & processes
- Support development of fundraising marketing and due diligence materials
- Oversee LP communications messaging and customer service support
- Global Firm Business Finance Oversight
- Oversee management company administration team (based in India) including bookkeeping, accounts payables/receivables, compliance, payroll, tax, etc.
- Oversee financial systems, policies, and tools
- Oversee tax planning and management
- Lead operating financial forecasting and treasury management
- Selection of vendors for and approval of work product for fund administration, valuations, audits, tax management, and compliance
- Global Business Operations Management
- Manage business systems & processes for global distributed workforce & operations
- Oversee HR admin and compliance for all operating jurisdictions
- Oversee global employee benefits programs and administration
Undergraduate degree; CPA preferred; MBA or related advanced degree a plus.
Capria Ventures has offices in Seattle, Bangalore, Nairobi, Santiago, and Washington DC.
Capria is an equal opportunity employer.