Capria is seeking a highly qualified, entrepreneurial, and self-directed investment professional to expand our investment activity in SE Asia. You will be an integral part of our Global South investment team as we continue to manage our current portfolio and raise and deploy our new fund. You will work closely with Capria’s leadership team and be involved in virtually all aspects of our work including sourcing deals, executing the end-to-end due diligence process, sourcing partnership opportunities, ensuring value creation within our portfolio to deliver targeted returns, supporting fundraising, and managing local business operations.
Experience and Capabilities
The most vital areas of experience for a successful candidate include:
- Experience working and investing in SE Asia with strong, relevant business relationships established in multiple countries.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of demonstrably-relevant, direct early-stage to early-growth investing experience equity rounds.
- Experience in making sound investment decisions, as evidenced by deal performance and professional recommendations.
- Experience working for a multi-national and/or working abroad, thus having a strong understanding of global best practices in business operations.
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent. We’re a scrappy, hustling VC firm – you will be able to get a lot done, with limited resources, and quickly.
Key personal skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrated aptitude as a fast learner of new skills and knowledge with a strong aptitude for using state-of-the-art technology tools for info sharing & communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively synthesize complex information, present rigorous analysis, and exercise advanced critical thinking to deliver recommendations and solutions.
- Thrives on managing hard challenges in ambiguous settings
- Strong aptitude for working effectively with a global team and with global partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build, nurture, and cultivate relationships with prospective/current investees, team members, partners, and the Asia and global venture/startup ecosystem.
The Role & Opportunity
The best candidate will contribute expertly in the following areas:
- Sourcing, Screening, and Closing Investment Opportunities: Primary focus is early-growth (Series A/A+) investments in SE Asia. You will oversee our sourcing, evaluation and transaction efforts across region to ensure we are making the best investments. This includes building and maintaining relationships with and contributing value-add to the venture capital and startup ecosystem in the region and with global connections to promote the SE Asia opportunity.
- Portfolio Management & Exits: You will work closely with portfolio founders to help them to realize their full potential including pursuing appropriate growth, strategic decisions, improving unit economics, hiring & retaining the best talent, raising more capital, collaborate to get value from other portfolio founders globally, finding and facilitating exits at the right time, and more.
- Marketing: You will be responsible for working with Capria’s marketing team to enhance Capria’s visibility and brand across the region through a “portfolio first” approach as well as penning thought leadership articles that establish you as an industry leader across SE Asia and the Global South.
- Ecosystem Development: We are looking for someone well-connected throughout the industry as we continue to deeply expand our network while advancing relationships with industry associations and other key ecosystem stakeholders throughout the region.
The successful candidate will have an MBA or equivalent work experience.