The Value Add Internship/Fellowship is an opportunity to gain insider experience and skill-building with a leading VC firm investing in next-generation tech companies across the Global South. The goal of the Value Add Team is to develop a virtuous cycle of opportunity creation by providing timely value add to our pipeline and portfolio companies. Working in this area offers a unique opportunity to engage with various areas within the organization, facilitating the acquisition of new knowledge and expertise within the realm of venture capital.
An ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment, working closely with the Value Add Team Manager and engaging with the Global Capria Team across Latin America, India, Africa, and North America.
Support Capria’s Value Add Programs:
- Launch and follow up on outreach campaigns targeted to founders and FM
- Support the Value Add Team in executing projects aimed at enhancing portfolio company growth, such as workshops and thought leadership
- Maintain up-to-date metrics used to track the quantity/quality of Capria’s value add activities
- Assist in maintaining global portfolio up to date with oneliners, websites and business tags
- Take part in various operational tasks related to the responsibilities of the Value Add Team.
Identifying New Portfolio Value Add Opportunities:
- Conduct research and analysis to identify potential opportunities for value creation within our portfolio companies.
- Stay updated on industry trends and market analysis to recognize business models with high growth potential.
- Gather insights and trends for the Investment Team to incorporate into discussions with founders and fund managers.
General Firm Assistance:
- Assist in managing and organizing relevant activities and initiatives within the firm that leverage the intern’s/fellow’s skills, experience, and interests.
- Collaborate with team members on specific projects requiring in-depth analysis and research.
- Having a start-up mindset is a must. We’re not a large firm – just like us, we’re looking for someone who knows how to get a lot done with limited resources and is looking to be challenged and interested in growing.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in making sound investment decisions, as evidenced by deal performance and professional recommendations.
- Experience conducting research and delivering high-quality drafting and contributions to reports or presentations targeted to portfolio founders
- Experience managing multiple projects, preferably across global teams, with comfort working across timezones and different cultures (this role may require early morning or late evenings given the global nature of our team)
- Passion for learning and excitement for working with a variety of people and companies.
- Curious to find new opportunities and thrives on managing complicated challenges in ambiguous settings.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work extra if it’s required
- Resourcefulness and ability to find information that is not readily available
- Total fluency in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Applications (Sheets, Slides, Docs) is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics, International Development, or related field required. Master’s degree is a plus.
What Will You Get Out of This Role?
- Opportunity to work locally in Buenos Aires and globally across 4 continents.
- Work closely with early-growth technology companies and gain valuable experience.
- You will have the chance to make a meaningful impact on portfolio companies’ growth trajectory while learning from experienced professionals in the VC industry
- Learn how a VC views startups and what makes successful startups
- Gender-neutral and diversity-forward teams
- Cost of living reimbursement, commensurate with location and experience
Capria Ventures has offices in Seattle, Bangalore, Buenos Aires, Nairobi, and Washington DC – http://capria.vc
Capria is an equal-opportunity employer.