Scaling up our Global Venture Capital Platform
Capria Ventures is investing in early-growth tech startups in the Global South – India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa. Our goal over the next 5 years is to grow 10x to $1 billion AUM, investing in fast-growth soonicorns that are on route to becoming unicorns in hot sectors including fintech, edtech, jobtech, mobility/logistics, healthtech and agtech/food. We are a global team focused on generating market-leading financial returns while delivering scaled impact.
Capria is seeking a highly entrepreneurial, and self-directed professional to support our portfolio value creation activities globally. Investing is exciting, but careers are made or lost via great portfolio management. As a Portfolio Value Creation Fellow, you will work collaboratively with our value creation team, portfolio companies, and the investment team to accelerate startup growth. This is an opportunity to work with early-growth technology companies on a wide range of strategic topics. You will quickly gain valuable experience as you support portfolio company leadership on topics such as strategy, business development, fundraising, people/talent, and operations.
The Global Portfolio Value Creation Fellow is an opportunity to contribute to
- Quick turnarounds of market analysis and trends for identified business models
- Work with the investment team to organize and prepare for founder and partner fund manager discussions
- Scour regional and global markets for business development opportunities
- Build database of investors including VC, PE, CVC, etc. and M&A players across targeted sub-sectors.
- Support members of the team with specific go-deep projects.
An ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn about global VC investing and be excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, distributed environment, working closely with the investment team across Latin America, India, Africa and North America.
Experience and Capabilities
- Direct early-stage to early-growth investing experience in Series A and/or Series B equity rounds or VC funds is not required but it is a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial skills and comfort with organizing and synthesizing data.
- Of all the qualities and capabilities you demonstrate, “hustle” is one we will look at closely. As a startup, we look for team members who create opportunity from thin air, and who do it quickly and consistently.
Education and Work Experience
The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree.
*Must be legally authorized to work in that location.