The marketing team of Bangalore-based Unitus Ventures, in conjunction with our global investing partner Capria Ventures, is looking for a Creative Design Intern with formal work experience. We are looking for a keen sense of digital design, and technology, and a team member that’s inclined to learn and apply knowledge to help build Unitus & Capria and our portfolio startups as strong brands in the global entrepreneurial ecosystem.
How does marketing at a VC firm function?
Venture capital investors and startup CEOs have amazing stories to tell – both nationally and globally. We are a dynamic and creative marketing team, with responsibility to help drive marketing activities for these startups and our own investment firm. We narrate their power stories in the most creative and credible form, originating from a leading venture investor with a hot portfolio. Our distribution channels include social media, PR, newsletters and our websites.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist our content & marketing team with online marketing campaigns (banners, social, email, etc), landing pages, infographics, collateral, banners and others as assigned.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across platforms.
- Have an understanding of design standards, consistency, themes, branding & style guides.
- Design creative social media posts for various social channels on a daily basis.
- Brainstorming ideas with the team for various digital & social media campaigns.
- Design images to coincide with social and blog posts.
- Brainstorming & assisting in website audit for VC brand & portfolio companies.
- Have a strong creative vision and relentlessly elevate the output of the design team.
- Work with Photoshop/Illustrator & other design tools to come up with innovative & stunning designs for branding and promotions.
- Be up-to-date with the latest design trends on social media. Awareness of current industry and technology standards, collaborative tools, social media, competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, crossing many time zones and cultures.
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, style guides, wireframes, and interactive mockups.
- A strong foundation in web applications and website designs is preferred.
We will shortlist you on the basis of these:
- Up to 1 year of formal work experience in the field of Design. Experience in website & Tech would be a plus.
- In sync with latest design trends. Must be subscribed to different design newsletters.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong & interesting portfolio
- Keen eye and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills, and design skills.
- Proficient in Advanced Adobe Creative Suite program skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Premier pro and Illustrator required) are a must.
- Prior experience in Web Design / WordPress site management is preferred.
- Excellent team member, able to take direction well and contribute positively to the overall work environment and performance of the team.
- Quick learner who asks questions and is eager to grow.
- Punctual and accurate communicator, responsive to email, telephone calls and direct communication from staff.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work in a startup-like work environment with a focus on collaborative teamwork.
What do you get out of it:
Working with a renowned global VC firm has its own advantages, some of which include –
- Opportunity to work locally in India and globally across 4 continents
- Work with a niche marketing team which handles strategy, product design, web UI/UX and brand development
- Learning from how a VC views startups and what makes successful startups
- Hybrid work culture
- Gender neutral and diversity-forward teams
- Bonuses for excellent performance paid 2x / year once you are a full-time employee
- Health-insurance and other benefits if you become a full time employee
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in fast-moving, new media concepts, with exposure to some of the most interesting startups and investors.