Raising a fund is difficult. Building a top-tier investment firm is even harder. Capria invests in venture capital, private equity, and other debt and equity funds backing early-growth businesses.
Capria enhances fund managers’ ability to deliver superior returns through the network effect of collaborating managers, a proprietary investment platform backed by deep intellectual property, and long-term advisory services.
With the launch of our 8th investment cycle, we are actively seeking to invest from our USD $57M global fund-of-funds in each of 3-5 exceptional funds from emerging markets. We are highly selective. Of 800 applicants reviewed in the past 3 years, only 20 were selected to join the Capria Network. These 20 managers are operating in 25 countries; half already have funds established with more than $350 million in AUM. By the end of 2020 we anticipate their collective AUM to reach USD $1 billion. More about What We Do >
We are looking for investment management firms based in and investing in emerging & frontier markets that can deliver superior financial returns, scalable local impact, and contribute to the Capria Network.
Our Selection Criteria: We expect investment management teams to have previous investing experience, see a strategic competitive advantage in integrating an impact strategy, a solid investment thesis, and a proposed new/next fund structure. Teams must also show traction identifying and engaging with both investors and pipeline investment companies. Please review our more detailed selection criteria prior to submitting information.
Our Business Model: We provide risk capital, significant multi-year strategic & practical support services, and participation in the leading global network of fund managers. In return, Capria receives a share of management revenues and profits from your new fund(s). We look to align interests based on each manager’s long-term success and therefore do not charge any upfront fees.
Want to know more about the selection process? Check out our FAQs.
Capria Selection Criteria
We expect investment management teams to have previous investing experience, an investment thesis, and a proposed fund structure. The team must also show traction identifying and engaging with both potential funders and portfolio companies. We expect managers to seek superior financial returns, scalable local social/environmental impact, and be eager to contribute to the Capria Network.
Fund Manager Qualifications for 1st or 2nd+ Time Funds
- All-in entrepreneur commitment and aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to make full-time commitment for 10-15 years
- Team of at least 2 partners / principals, 3 preferred
- Experience scaling businesses in local markets
- Significant investment experience (personally or at a firm)
- Commitment to achieving superior financial returns
- Self-reliant, yet eager to listen, learn and improve
- Investing a material amount of personal capital
- Relevant experience in target market(s)
- Strong company pipeline and deal flow channels
- Fundraising progress and increasing momentum
- Ready to spend a lot of time fundraising
- Ready now to run hard to get to a new fund’s final close