The Intern/Fellow provides end-to-end support to one of Capria’s Senior Partners. The Intern/Fellow will report directly to a Capria Senior Partner, in a dynamic role working closely with other team members focused on fundraising, pipeline & portfolio development, content development and Capria’s incubator acceleration program ‘VentureBasecamp’.
Note: This position is based in Seattle. Candidates must have valid work authorization for Seattle.
Essential Internship Position Functions:
- Assist in supporting on projects related to fundraising, Africa portfolio management, and startup ecosystem building
- High-level management and prioritization of multiple complex calendars and scheduling requirements
- Attend key meetings in order to track and help drive completion of key deliverables, and follow up on outstanding items
- Develop Capria network content, delivered both through the in-person Capria intensive and our proprietary online knowledge sharing platform
- Project manage the creation of new eLearning content and manage Capria’s Learning Management Software
- Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
- Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Internship/Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical and operational background and strong interest in emerging markets. Financial modeling skills, language abilities, writing skills and a demonstrated commitment to development finance are preferred. The best cultural fits are self-motivated and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science or a related field preferred. Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred.
Note: The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with 2+ years of experience or a Masters degree whereas the intern role is open to more recent graduates.