The Investment Fellow participates in the full investment lifecycle of Capria including sourcing fund managers, executing investment transactions, and portfolio management and monitoring. The Investment Fellow will report directly to the Asia Capria Investment Manager and will work closely with other Capria team members.
Note: This position is based in Bangalore. Candidates must have valid work authorization for India.
Essential Position Functions:
- Source and evaluate fund managers in South and Southeast Asia
- Contribute to due diligence on fund and direct equity investment transactions
- Provide support to fund managers through their fund management lifecycles
- Create analysis on markets, sectors, and other opportunities
- Participate in portfolio monitoring and management
- Develop fund manage best practices content, delivered both through our proprietary online knowledge sharing platform
- Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
- Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Investment Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in emerging markets. Financial modeling skills, language abilities, and a demonstrated commitment to development finance are preferred. The best cultural fits are self-motivated, able to work independently on projects, and thrives working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science or a related field preferred. Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred.