The Fundraising & Investor Relations Intern/Fellow supports the Fundraising team with lead sourcing and outreach. The Fundraising & Investor Relations Intern/Fellow will report to a Capria Investment Manager and will work closely with the fundraising team.
Essential Internship Position Functions:
- Conduct careful and meticulous market research
- Expand Capria’s fundraising pipeline by sourcing qualified prospects
- Maintain fundraising leads
- Record information and create profiles on prospects
- Take lead on planning re-occurring fundraising events
- Assist fundraising team in preparation for conferences
- Develop and improve upon fundraising materials
- Outreach to increase membership of the Missing Middle Investors Network
- Contribute to content development for Fund Manager Intensive Modules
- Participate in Fund Manager sourcing and screening process
- Support VP of Fundraising in investor pitches
- Interact with diverse entities in impact investing ecosystem through fundraising outreach
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Fundraising & Investor Relations Internship/Fellowship will have:
- An understanding of entities and key players in the impact investing ecosystem
- A proactive disposition to take action
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work extra in peak fundraising season
- Strong written/verbal communication and outreach skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Resourcefulness and ability to find information that is not readily available
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google Applications is required; experience with fundraising and constituency software preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science or a related field preferred. Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred.
Note: The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with 2+ years of experience or a Masters degree whereas the intern role is open to more recent graduates.