The Investment Intern/Fellow provides end-to-end support from fund manager selection to portfolio management. The Investment Intern/Fellow will report directly to a Capria Investment Manager and will work closely with other team members focused on Capria Sourcing & Screening.
Note: This position is based in Seattle. Candidates must have valid work authorization for Seattle.
Essential Internship Position Functions:
- Impact & ESG screening and analysis
- Review applications and screen for impact among prospective Capria Network fund managers
- Conduct impact due diligence for a wide variety of transactions
- Analyze the underlying investment opportunities of Capria Network members for impact
- Impact & ESG data collection and reporting
- Coordinate with Regional Directors in LatAm, Asia and Africa to collect fund manager and underlying portfolio company impact data
- Ensure highest data quality – audit the data, review against financials and coordinate with Regional Directors and fund managers in case of discrepancies to resolve
- Aggregate and analyze data for internal (investment team) and external consumption (reporting and fundraising)
- Generate quarterly, half-yearly and annual impact & ESG reports
- Write/review compelling impact stories on fund investments
- Ongoing operations and support
- Support ongoing operations of Capria’s proprietary fund manager evaluation systems, Capria Quantum and Capria Edge
- Develop, maintain, and update Capria Network impact & ESG content, delivered both through the in-person peer learning events and our proprietary online knowledge-sharing platform
- Gain visibility by helping to draft widely circulated thought leadership articles
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Impact & ESG Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in impact in emerging markets. Previous data analysis and reporting experience, language abilities, and a demonstrated commitment to development finance are preferred. The best cultural fits are self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Impact Impact Science, International Development, Public Policy or a related field preferred. Impact measurement and evaluation, international development, impact investing experience preferred.
Note: The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with 2+ years of relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree.