Capria is seeking a highly analytical, team player and fast learner with a systems bent of mind to lead data analysis and reporting for the firm.
|Position Type:||Full-time Employee|
|Location and visa:||Based in Bangalore, India. You must be authorized to work in India. We are NOT accepting applications from those wishing to work in other cities at this time.|
|Benefits:||Competitive health insurance plan.|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience, recognizing startup nature of our business, with emphasis on long-term performance compensation.|
|Special Notice:||Capria is an equal opportunity employer with a particular interest in helping applicants from under-represented groups build careers in venture capital/private equity.|
Capria Ventures is a mission-driven global investment firm investing in early-growth businesses in emerging and frontier markets. Our goal over the next 5 years is to grow 10x to $1 billion AUM, investing in hundreds of fast-growing businesses delivering leading market-rate returns, all while improving the lives of 100 million people.
We have recently raised a second global investment fund backed by Vulcan Capital, IFC, Ford Foundation, Gates Ventures and other major family offices and other institutional investors. We are actively deploying capital and working closely with 20+ leading early-growth VC, PE and innovative debt fund manager partners in Asia, Africa and Latin America who collectively comprise the Capria Network.
Overview of Responsibilities & Objectives
This new position will be responsible for managing Capria’s investment/portfolio data and systems along with generation of all impact and financial reports for LPs and internal stakeholders. The Data Analyst will interface with internal teams and fund managers. Successful candidates will have approximately 2-3 years of relevant data analysis and reporting experience, preferably a general understanding of impact investing in venture funds, private equity in emerging markets.
You will need to be energized by working in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment, learning and mastering new things every day. We’re looking for a star who will advance quickly and grow into increased responsibility in both breadth and depth of leadership.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to support financial and impact reporting
- Maintain and update templates of reporting processes on Asana (and other systems)
- Project manage creation of new reporting templates by gathering input from various stakeholders and contributors
- Bring a systems approach to new additions to reports or new analysis.
- Improve and maintain data architecture of data collection and aggregation sheets (currently in Google spreadsheets, possibly in other 3rd party systems in the future)
- Work closely with the investment and finance teams to generate quarterly and half-yearly reports for LPs
- Project manage and drive timely completion of various quarterly and half-yearly reports for LPs.
- Coordinate across global teams to gather updated information for each quarter and present in reports.
- Participate in investment team meetings to keep abreast of latest developments and strategizing with team members on what to present in reports.
- Generate analysis and reports for investment, fundraising and marketing teams
- Generate portfolio analysis and drive internal discussions among investment team members to drive 1:1 portfolio support and management on a quarterly basis.
- Work with investment team to produce and maintain interesting analysis for Capria Network members.
- Provide fundraising and marketing teams with analysis based on requirements from the respective audience, as necessary.
- Ensure highest quality of data reported in a timely manner
- Audit and coordinate with investment and operations team to identify data quality issues.
- Interface with and support fund managers as needed to collect quality data, on time.
Relevant Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Data Analytics or related fields.
- At least 2-3 years of data analysis and reporting experience, including high proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets), preferably in venture capital/impact investing.
- Experience writing and contributing to reports and presentations.
- Experience managing multiple projects across global teams, with comfort working across timezones and different cultures (this role requires early morning or late evenings 3-5x a week given the global nature of our team).
- Experience in a dynamic, start-up like environment or equivalent for 3-5 years is a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude as a fast learner of new skills and knowledge and a strong aptitude for using state-of-the-art technology for info sharing & communications.