Capria is seeking a highly analytical investment professional to join Capria’s investment team to analyze and support direct investments. Our partners around the globe are investing in dozens of exciting startups every year; we are “cherry-picking” the best and investing alongside them. The Investment Fellow participates in the full investment lifecycle including screening companies, executing investment transactions, and portfolio management and monitoring. The Investment Fellow will be managed by Capria’s Co-Investment Director and work closely with Capria Partners, Directors and other team members. A successful fellowship has a high probability of leading to full-time employment.
Location and Visa: Prefer candidates based in Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations are possible for exceptional candidates. You must have a visa/work permit to work where you plan to reside, as Capria cannot provide it.
Essential Position Functions:
- Contribute to due diligence and evaluate direct equity investment transactions primarily at the Series A and B stages.
- Maintain and improve upon pipeline tracking and other investment systems
- Project manage co-investment transactions including managing processes on Asana, taking notes and sharing summaries, scheduling diligence calls, storing documents and investment agreements, etc.
- Create analysis and conduct research on markets, sectors, and other opportunities
- Support in data collection and reporting for pipeline and portfolio companies
- Participate in portfolio monitoring and management
- Experience both fund of funds investing and direct investing
- Engage with Capria’s network of 20+ funds and companies investing in 40+ countries around the world
- Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
- Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Investment Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in emerging markets.
- Financial modeling skills and high proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets) are required.
- Language abilities and a demonstrated commitment to development finance are preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects across global teams, with comfort working across timezones and different cultures (this role requires early mornings or late evenings 3-5x a week given the global nature of our team).
- Experience in a dynamic, start-up like environment or equivalent for 3-5 years is a plus.
- The best cultural fits are self-motivated, able to work independently on projects, and thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science or a related field. Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred.
Note: The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with 3+ years of relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree.