The Investment Fellow provides end-to-end support for the investment team from fund manager selection to portfolio management. The Africa Investment Fellow will work closely with the Capria Africa team based in Nairobi.
Location and Visa: Prefer candidates based in Nairobi, Kenya. Candidates must have a visa/work permit to work in this country as Capria cannot provide them.
Essential Position Functions:
- Regularly maintain a pipeline of African & MENA fund managers
- Review fund manager applications and suggest/implement improvements to the evaluation system
- Analyze the underlying investment opportunities of Capria network members
- Help to support the existing portfolio of fund managers and investments in Africa and MENA
- Provide administrative support to the investment team
- Support fund manager training content development and delivery through virtual workshops and deal reviews and online resource library
- Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
- Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competitive candidates for the Investment Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in emerging markets. Financial modelling skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to development finance will all be strongly considered. The best cultural fits are self-motivated and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
This role is ideal for you if you are either looking to break into the investment industry; looking to transition from direct investing into fund investing; a pre-MBA candidate or you recently completed your MBA and are looking to get back into the investment job market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field required
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting experience preferred
- Excellent project management skills and high attention to detail
- Proven fast learner and strong critical thinking and analytical aptitude
- Enjoys execution; this role will be 80% execution with substantial room for rapid growth
- Flexible and mindful of what is required to work with people across different cultures and time zones (including early morning/evening ~2-3x per week)
Note: Must be legally able to work in Nairobi, Kenya. Capria is not able to provide any visa or work permit support.